Thursday, March 1, 2007

Vacation From My Vacation

I just took my last midterm. Wahoo. It was in Italian class. You want to know the days of the week in Italian? I bet you do...here they are: Lunedi, Martedi, Mercoledi, Giovedi, Venerdi, Sabato, Domenica. Yay! (It's not as much fun when I don't have my Italian teacher here to say, "Bravisimo Kate!".....
Kinda funny side note here... as you all know soccer (futbol) is very important here. In fact, about a month ago someone was killed at an Italian soccer game. So, the government officials decided that unless the stadiums met certain security requirements, people were not going to be allowed to go to the games. Florence is one of the cities that had to shut down. So, the games still happen in the stadiums, but there is just no audience. These Italians are really serious. Anyway, my Roman history professor came into our midterm yesterday and was like, "Does anyone have earphones I can borrow? I brought my radio and forgot my headphones and the soccer game is on at 3 and I can't miss it." So, during our midterm, my hot professor sat and listened to his soccer game. Kind of funny.
Anyhow, midterms are over. Now I have to go pack because i'm going on vacation tomorrow. I'm taking a vacation from my vacation. Never done that before but I figure there can't be anything wrong with a double vacation. It is very odd to be in a situation where you feel like you're on vacation and then have to pack and go somewhere for a secondary vacation. I've just said vacation like 6 times in 3 sentences. VACATION!!!. I get to see my mom and my brother tomorrow when I meet them in Paris so i'm very excited. They're flying across the ocean to see me (and I guess maybe the eiffel tower, the louvre, and all the other things we're going to see). We're also renting a car in Paris and driving up through Belgium and finally ending up in Amsterdam. It's going to be quite the week and a half adventure. I'm going to try to blog while i'm gone, but in the event i'm too busy eating baghettes and waffles (not at the same time of course...one after the other...) then I will be back up and running around the 12th.
Wish me luck with the French!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I hope all of you have a GREAT vacation!!!!!!!