Friday, March 23, 2007

What Will I Do?

Yesterday I had a great day. I mean, everyday here is good, but as I said yesterday, for some reason I was in an especially good mood. Michelle's parents and sister came into town yesterday and my best friend's brother called me and said he was in town. So we ended up going to our favorite restaurant, il porcuspino, with about 14 people. I love il porcuspino because Franco works there and he knows all of us. I call him "Uncle Franco" (but not to his face). Anyway, he always gives us the star treatment. When we got home all of us girls we sitting around laughing for a good couple hours. All of my roommates and I get along so well. We are all SO different but we all have really genuinely clicked with each other. I can't believe it has only been a little over 2 months that I have known them. Last night it occurred to me that I only have like a month left with them. And then we're going to scatter all over the country. I know we'll be able to visit each other but I will be so sad to leave them. I was picturing being in my apartment in Denver and it will be so weird to be alone. I think I will definately go through a major re-adjustment period when I get home. I think I will feel very out of place for a little bit. Which is so weird because I haven't been gone THAT long, but the adjustment will harder going home than coming to another country! However, even though leaving them will be sad, it is better than having had roommates that were horrible and being thrilled to leave them. I think they are the one of the reasons why this abroad experience has been so meaningful to me.
On another note, we're going to Pompei and Capri this weekend. I'm so excited about both of those places but especially Capri. It should be really fun. So, I won't be able to blog again until Monday. But, i'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kate,
Catching up on your last several blog posts--also laughing because I am grading finals right now, though not quite in the pit of despair in which your sociology teacher seems to be wallowing.

I hope you have a great weekend. Pompeii is amazing.