Sunday, March 4, 2007

Versailles



We took a short train ride to Versailles today to visit the Chateau of Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette. It was all so gigantic and beautiful. After we toured the rooms in the chateau, we rented a golf cart and drove around the gardens. It was hilarious because the golf cart played this classical music and gave you a tour as you went...as you can see, there were some very interestingly trimmed bushes...it was fantastic.
However, I would like to dedicate the rest of today's blog to what I have eaten in the last two hours. Upon recommendation by a friend of Anna's (my brother's girlfriend), we went to a very interesting restaurant for dinner. It didn't have a menu-they only have one dish available...steak and french fries. You are seated and immediately they bring you a salad. When you're done with your salad they ask how you like your steak cooked and they bring out steak with a special sauce on it, and piping hot delicious french fries. It was so wonderfully delicious I can't even give it justice in a blog. Not only is it delicious, but they just keep refilling your plate whenever you run out. It's a glutton's paradise. After dinner, we went and got crepes- I got one with chocolate in it. So right now, i'm on the cusp of a food coma but perfectly satiated in the food department...even if my cholesterol just rose 50 points.

No comments: