Sunday, March 18, 2007

WOWZA!


It has been a crazy few weeks! sorry to be so erratic in the blogging, but i've been all over the place. The weekend before last was Paris, last weekend was Amsterdam, this weekend was Venice...i'm just a travelin' fool. Next weekend I have Pompeii (keep your fingers crossed about that whole "volcano" deal they got going on there) and then it's Rome two weekends in a row (one of which on Easter, which should be interesting), and then it's about time for me to head home!
Mom and I were in Venice this weekend and had a great time. I feel like I may have walked off maybe a little of the fat that I accumilated in France ( who can resist the chocolate? I can't). I even found my way (walking of course) from my hotel to the train staion today through the maze of Venetian streets, which is no small accomplishment! Now, i'm back in Florence. It's funny what a sense of temporary "home" I feel here. I love travelling around, don't get me wrong, but everytime my train arrives in Florence I feel a little of that feeling of coming home. Which feels weird when you're not home....if that makes any sense.
My midterms actually went very well. Got a B in art history, an A in Roman history, and an A in Italian. Now, my sociology class was different... my teacher hasn't handed back the midterms yet, but she made a point of telling us last week how terrible they were and how she cried when she graded them. I was thinking, really? is that really something you want to share with the class? We all agreed that she is on some form of drugs- the woman is weird, and she always acts strung out on something. She's a terrible teacher and hasn't really taught us anything. So, i'm going to wait and see what grades she gave me and then decide if I want to make her cry again by throwing the hissy fit of the century. Other than that, all is quiet. Back in my computer lab down the street from my apartment, trying to download Grey's Anatomy, and the download timer says "14 hours remaining." Blast.

No comments: