
Yesterday, Danielle and I were walking to class (that by the way was being held in the Bargello-the first museum in Italy, hurray for school in Italy...) and I saw a really bizarre and slightly cool thing. We were walking past the Duomo and there was a line of people following a tour guide...on Segways. They were on a Segway tour. This just speaks for how ultimately lazy our population is becoming and i'd put money on it that they were American- i'm surprised they weren't eating MacDonalds whilst rolling along-but it was still kind of cool. These people rolling on these high-tech machines, learning about buildings that are centuries old, in a medieval city. Such a juxtaposition. It was one of those situations where you see something that looks like it would be taking place way in the future, only it's happening now. Next thing you know, people will be flying around in little saucers.
On another note, I woke up in the most annoyingly chipper mood this morning. Not that I wake up in a bad mood other mornings, but this morning I may have woken up with a smile on my face. We got to watch Grey's Anatomy last night (Oh my gosh Issie and George...for those of you who watch!) and I got a new good book that I read before I fell asleep.
The book thing is interesting, because at home I don't read nearly enough. But here, we don't really watch tv at all and so I read a lot. I read while I eat breakfast, I read during breaks and before I go to bed, and I love it. I've already read like 3 books since i've been here and i'm on the fourth. It really makes me realize how much I miss reading. Now that I have this new book that I bought yesterday at the English book store, it feels like I have a whole new adventure to go on- I love that.
I'm sorry the pic of the Segway people is sideways...I took it on my phone- I totally embarassed Danielle because when I saw them they were rolling by and I went running after them while I was digging in my bag for my phone so I could take a picture...she pretended not to know me. For some reason when I rotate it and save it on my computer, it still uploads sideways. You all will just have to tilt your heads.
No comments:
Post a Comment