Wednesday, March 21, 2007
The Weather
I'm really distressed about the weather. I came to Florence picturing rain and sleet and maybe even a tiny dusting of snow. I expected cold and dreary, creepy and foggy. Damnit I was looking forward to gloomy. Now, after over 2 months here, i've gotten maybe three or four good rainy days and the rest of the time it's been pure sunshine. Most people think that I sound crazy when I complain about the sunshine- and believe me, when it was first sunny and springtime like I thought, "oh, isn't this lovely weather we're having". But the sun never went away. This city is a creepy, medieval city. The sunny weather doesn't suit it. When it is dark and gloomy the city feels the way it is supposed to be...the buildings feel right and everything seems in place. When it's sunny these creepy buildings look weird. They just don't fit. And it's not just the sun that annoys me because at least before it was cool and sunny. Now it's hot and sunny. If I wanted hot and sunny I would have gone to fricken Guadalajara for a semester. Yesterday and the day before we had rain and gloom and I loved it. However, I think that was the last of it because it looks as though we're going to be launching into summer weather now and that means hot and sticky. Ughh. I just want some thunder and lightening. I'd even take a drizzle. Just give me a little drizzle, or a patch of fog. A patch of fog would be nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment