I am back in Florence now- sitting in the student lounge, waiting to go back to class and find out what kind of blood bath occurred on my midterms... I know I didn't do very well on my art history test because many of the paintings that we were tested on, that I said were located in various places in Italy, were in fact in some of the museums I visited in Paris. Oops. But that's ok.
Mom is here in Florence and I was telling her that it is very surreal to have her here. This universe feels very separate from the universe that exists outside of here (like separate bubbles, you know?) and it seems so weird for the bubbles to combine. But it is really fun showing her where I have been living these past two months.
I feel a little sad to start the second half of my program here because from this point on there is just a whirlwind of activity and trips and visitors and I just know the time is going to go even faster. It's great, don't get me wrong. Fun to have friends and family visit and to take weekend trips, but it makes the time fly by. I feel like before I know it, it will be over...can't believe how fast it has gone by already!
But alas, Florence will always be here! and I still have 7 weeks or so!
Monday, March 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Why don't you just stay for awhile in Florence after school is over?
Post a Comment