Wednesday, February 21, 2007

This and That

So first of all, I miss my dog terribly. Now, I don't want everyone who reads this to be insulted- obviously, I miss you all too. But my dog, she's my buddy. She's always home when I get there. And yeah, she tortures me and I am perpetually picking up some form of Isabelle droppings, but there is nothing more settling than waking up in the morning and having her warm little body curled up next to my stomach and snuggling with her before I get out of bed. I woke up missing her this morning and i'm so worried that she won't remember me when I get home.
On a lighter note, a couple really funny things happened today. The first was another "Danielle incident" that happened this afternoon. So, we were walking to school and playing the word game, where we try to say things that we see- in Italian (example: L'autobus [bus], la macchina [car])...you get it. She was having trouble thinking of anything because we had exhausted our vocabulary in about two blocks. Then, as we were crossing the street, we were walking towards a clothing store that had a female manikin in the front window. Danielle got very excited and pointed her finger with her arm as straight as it would go and practically yelled, "BELLA!! MOLTA BELLA!!" ... thing is...she was pretty much pointing at this poor Italian girl walking down the street and the girl looked at Danielle, made a face of terror/disgust, and proceeded to walk/run away from us. I grabbed Danielle and was like, "You are embarassing me......" and she was like, "I don't think we should play this game anymore...." We laughed so hard we could hardly climb the 400 steps to our school on the 3rd floor.
Then, when I was in my Roman History class my hot Italian teacher was reading our lesson and suddenly he looked up and said, "Ok guys." In his thick Italian accent, "I'm going to go get an espresso now. I'll be back in five minutes." I was like, seriously? The man really cracks me up.

3 comments:

Jill said...

as you know, since i'm insane about my dog as well, i can totally relate. but bubby marilyn is taking excellent care of her and isabelle is doing so wonderfully in denver that when she sees you it will just be the icing on the cake! and she'll be so happy happy happy to see you and she'll wag her little stubby tail and of course she'll remember you and before you know it you'll be longing for the hot, espresso-drinking teacher and the days when you didn't have to pick up poop. xoxo

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

That is so true. I'll probably be all happy to see her and she'll spit up on me or vomit on my couch and I'll start threatening to sell her to the circus again just like before....