Thursday, February 1, 2007

The Sniffles

I have a bug and it sucks. Everyone at school, including the teachers, seems to be sick right now. I tried to take preventative measures, but obviously failed and now I don't feel good. It's bad enough not feeling well, but today is a gorgeous day in Florence. There isn't a cloud in the sky and it is bright and warm. I find it almost impossible to sit in our big, empty apartment alone. A few of my roommates left for Amsterdam today (although they missed their flight so I may see them sooner than I thought...) and so it's just Danielle and I at the house. I usually have no problem talking myself into staying in bed, but I feel guilty doing it here. On top of that, I am having a bizarre craving for the Cosby Show (weird I know, but I like the Cosbys, O.K.?). When you don't feel well all you want is the usual daytime t.v. to vegetate to, and all I have here is MTV in Italian. I did bring some DVD's with me so I think i'll get by...
To change the subject, the price of the food here is very funny. Yesterday we found Post Raisin Bran in an asian market, and it was 9 Euros for a small box. Peanut butter is like a delicacy here. A tiny jar of it is about 6 Euros. Cheeze Whiz is about 10 Euros... it's really funny that the crappy American food is like a rare commodity here. Needless to say I don't eat Cheeze Whiz in America so i'm not going to start in Italy, that's for sure.
Anyway, taking Vitamin C, drinking my tea, and hoping to feel better so I can go somewhere this weekend. We shall see I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww. Feel better!

Load up on marinara sauce!