Thursday, February 8, 2007

I Need My Anti-Bacterial Wipes

So, everyone everywhere is sick with colds and crud. I was sick all of last weekend and it sucked. I finally start to feel better this week and my roommate comes down with an upper respiratory infection. My entire apartment feels contaminated. Not just because she is sick, but because she is the kind of person who sneezes without covering her mouth. I don't know how to deal with this. Anyone that knows me knows that I am weird about germs anyway, and I feel like a sitting duck. Can't find one fricken anti-bacterial wipe in this entire damn country and I need some bleach! pronto! The problem is compounded by the damn language barrier because I can stand in front of the cleaning solution shelves for four years and I'm still not going to have an inkling of a clue as to what they say. I can't find bleach.
Now, the reason I am freaking out about this is that I woke up with a scratchy throat and a headache this morning. I'm at the internet cafe because I am afraid that if I go home and I see my roommate sneeze on the clean dishes again I am going to unleash my Lindenbaum rage on her, and I fear she would never recover.
What is wrong with people? didn't her mother teach her about germs? or at least about covering her mouth?
Oh, the rage. I need my anti-bacterial wipes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could walk around with a facemask, and she'll get the point.

Or you could always spike her juice with some good ol' Doxy...maybe some Baytril n' Antirobe?

James said...

I think you need some of these and one of these.

Jill said...

Bubby taught you well. Congratulations! :-)