Monday, February 26, 2007

What can I say?

I've been having trouble posting for the last few days because nothing is going on. But then when I really thought about it, that in itself is an interesting thing. I've been aware for the past couple of weeks that when I wake up in the morning the days just feel like regular days. I could be waking up in Denver or Florence, it doesn't feel any different. The language barrier has faded away- not because I can speak Italian (although I can understand enough to get by very easily now) but because I don't really notice it anymore. I used to hear the people talking around me because it was such an alien language to me, but now, it just fades into the background. I wake up in the morning, eat my cereal, sometimes go for a run, and head off for school. Just like any other day.
It is very interesting to be someplace that should be temperary and just never leave. I find it even more interesting how we all scramble to return to normalcy when we arrive here. The first few weeks are an adjustment period where you have to find your niche and routine, and then you just sink into it. I was talking to my roommate the other day about how the shock is going to be so much harder going home than coming here, because I have adjusted to this and suddenly it will be gone in a flash, like it never happened...
The time has flown by so fast- I'm saying that now and i'm only half way through. I'm so glad that I have more time here. I have midterms this week though and that is going to suck. But after midterms...Spring break baby! Spring break in Europe.

No comments: