My school is actually connected to a movie theater, the Odeon. Twice a week, the Odeon plays a movie in original sound. A lot of people from my school go, and my roommates and I have been going about once a week. It's a beautiful theater with really comfortable chairs and lots of leg room. The candy is good too. They have a huge selection of gummy things, and INCREDIBLE chocolate bars. So, we all load in there with our goodies and watch an American movie. Last week we watched "Casino Royale" and the end of that movie is filmed in Venice. It was such an odd experience to watch a movie that takes place in Europe and then to walk outside and actually BE in Europe.
Last night we watched "Blood Diamond". It was an amazing movie, but very sad. The kind of movie that makes you want to do something, but you don't know how it's possible that one person could be any help. By the way- Mom, it's too grown up for you! : )
By the way, it appears as though I have won the battle with the mosquitos. There's this stuff called "Vape" out here, maybe it's at home too, but I had never heard of it. You plug it into the wall and it heats this liquid that oddly has no smell and it's supposed to kill the mosquitos. I haven't been bitten since I baught it, although I could be slowly poisoning myself with this weird odorless pesticide I've never heard of...but at least I have a clearer complexion....
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment