I got an A on my Italian quiz today! Granted, the teacher took pity on me a little. One of the questions had the verb Essere in it, or "to be" and I had to conjugate it. I wrote down "Sete" but it is actually "Siete". Doesn't seem like too big of a deal but it's the difference between saying, "You all are American" and "Seven American". So, I guess it matters....
Anyway, Italian class is kind of fun. It's funny to see how people react to it though. I enjoy feeling like i'm in kindergarten again....maybe it's because i'm a slacker and I know the expectations are extremely low...but I like it. You know, the teacher points to a chair, and I say "La Sedia", and that's it. That's all she expects from me. Makes me want to go back to kindergarten actually...It helps that I have a very enthusiastic teacher whom is the mother of a toddler, because when I say, "la sedia", she gets really excited and actually talks to me like i'm in kindergarten, which really helps me sink into my role. She says, "Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! Kate" and I get all excited that I knew the word, and we do this for about an hour or so.
However, some people are really uptight about being wrong or knowing things right away, and they get all agitated and frustrated. Then you have a few people that don't retain any information, so the teacher says to say any word in Italian and they start reading the label off of their bottle of water...guess everybody has to do it their own way....My favorite is when the teacher puts in a CD and makes us repeat sentences after someone speaking on the stereo. The pronunciations are actually kind of hard sometimes and so all of us sound like total idiots all repeating the sentences at the same time and butchering the language. The best part is that the teacher sits and actually laughs at us while we do this. It's like she only makes us do it because she gets such a kick out of it. But I don't mind being a circus monkey, as long as I can pretend like i'm in kindergarten.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is hilarious. ;-)
Post a Comment