Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Grey's Anatomy

Ok, so today I am going to talk about Grey's Anatomy. For all of you readers out there who don't watch the show, i'm sorry, but I'm doing it. I realize that i'm in Italy, and I know there are those of you out there who are like, "You're in Italy, why do you even care about Grey's Anatomy?". I'll tell you why: Dedication, for one, and love. Pure love. I am in love with that show. And I'm not the only one, which brings me to what I am going to talk about.
This school is made up of a majority of girls. Every week we all scramble to download the latest episode of Grey's before the next one airs. This would seem like a simple task, but it's not. Sometimes I sit down and buy it from itunes and my computer says it will take 23 HOURS to download the episode. This is a problem. I may be dedicated, but i'm not going to sit in the computer lab for 23 hours. It's actually pretty funny because girls will come into my classes and be like, "Have you watched it yet?" and we'll be like, "No! don't say what happens" and we do this every week. Everyday, my roommates say, "have you gotten Grey's yet?" and when I finally do we all get excited and get good desserts and sit on our couch that smells like urine and we watch it together. What brings me to this blog today is that something very dramatic is happening on Grey's right now. We've seen the first two episodes of a three episode series and long story short, the main character, Meredith, is dead right now. Now, we know she will get a heartbeat again because the entire show is named after her, but that's not the point. Meredith as we speak is laying in the hospital with a flat line, and everyone is crying. These writers are killing me. Do they have any idea how difficult it is for me to get my Grey's? I can't even start dowloading it until Friday afternoon, and that means that I won't get it until Monday or Tuesday because i'm going to be gone all weekend. So I have to wait a week and a half to see what happens. They did this to us last week too, when Meredith fell off the pier into the water and we didn't know what was going to happen. And right now she's dead. She has to live....
Funny side note, I'm sitting in the computer lab writing this and as we speak two girls are sitting here, painfully trying to download Grey's, and asking me not to say what happens....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO mad at that show right now! There's NO WAY that a ferry crash would totally exhaust the EMS resources in a city the size of Seattle. They have plenty of EMTs, paramedics and firefighters...they don't need no damn brain surgeons walking around. SHEESH.

And, yeah, she'll be fine...but not before some totally unrealistic medical treatment and lots of crying and drama.

Sigh.

I love that show, but I also kinda hate it, too.

Kate said...

Well I went onto the ABC website and read the Shonda Rime's blog- it was kind of interesting...
Yeah, that whole scene with Izzy and the guy under the car, it's like that's great that you drilled a hole in his head and all but he's still PINNED UNDER A FRICKEN CAR.
Sheesh is right. However, I do like McDreamy in his "night in shining whatever" role and when he cries, I cry. Like a baby.