Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Unbelievable Mess That Is My House

So, i'm home (as all of you know). Things are o.k. here. I miss my roommates a lot, I miss Italy a lot. But there are some things about being home that I am happy about.
I am finding that my attention span here is really short. I can't even go to a movie without getting bored thirty minutes into it and wanting to go do something else. It feels weird to be sedentary and not be travelling around every weekend. What? I can't take a 2 hour train ride to go bask in the sun on the beach by the Mediterranean? Instead, i'm in the middle of the prairie...Colorado is a beautiful place...but it just doesn't compare. I went up into the foothills the other day with a friend and it was beautiful, but all I could think about was how much I missed Tuscany. I am planning on going to the mountains this weekend for a fishing trip and I am hoping that it will help me to settle in a little more.
Little Isabelle is finally happy to see me. She was giving me the silent treatment for a little while there but I think we're out of the woods and she is finally forgiving me.
So, I think I am going to keep the blog because it is fun to write in it and everyone has told me how much they enjoy reading it. Although it may not be as exciting as Italy, I'm still a quarky person who notices funny things here in the States too, so we'll give it a whirl!
Oh, and as for the title of the blog...my house looks like a "stuff" bomb went off in it. There is "stuff" EVERYWHERE. I can't even quite get a grasp on it because my attention span is too short to clean. So, as I get some put away, I pull more out and it is a never ending, losing battle.
Wish me luck.

No comments: