Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Another Rainy Day

And I love it! this is my kind of weather...like the Garbage song goes..."I'm only happy when it rains..." I don't know what it is about this kind of weather, but I feel like even if I am incredibly busy, i'm getting a "mental health day." There's something so therapeutic about it. I find that after a good, long rainy day I feel a little more "resolved" for lack of a better word. My body clock slows down and things start working themselves out the second the drops start to fall. I love that. On top of that, I am so much more productive on rainy days. It doesn't make me stay in or veg out- It makes me focus and reorganize. Unfortunately, being that I live in Colorado and it has like 363 sunny days a year, I don't get to enjoy a good rainy day too often. It usually rains for about ten minutes (if at all) and then blows over and the damn sun comes out.
I've thought about how I should move someplace like Seattle, I would be the most productive, balanced person ever. However, I would also have a house full of dog poop because my little princess won't get her paws wet when there is even a drizzle outside. This will not do.
Today is the second day in a row that it has rained in Denver. I look at it as a little gift just for me : ) The sound of the rain on my sky light, the darkness in my apartment that comes only with a grey day, the splashing sounds from the cars on the street below. I love it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you something, Boston is one big cloudy day, from november to june the sun does not shine. It rained none stop May 1st until this past monday....lets trade places, you move here and I will move there. In other words I hate it here..........