I have fallen off the wagon.
My friends and I went to our favorite bar last night (and Irish pub) and sang some Irish music, had a fun time. It never fails that around 1 or 2 AM I start to get hungry.
All it takes is for someone to mention food and I'm like, "SNACKS! we need SNACKS!". Now, usually, we end up at Village Inn eating pie. But last night, we went to the Denver Diner. Now this place is open 24 hours and is the greasiest greasy spoon you can ever imagine, but it's right in the city and it's cheap (and good).
But could I just have an egg or something? no.
Years of pent up craving for biscuits and gravy finally came to a head last night and I caved. I ordered them...and a side of hash browns, extra ketchup please...
And oh they were delicious. I felt my cholesterol rising with every bite I took. Luckily, my saving grace was that I got full really quickly. I only managed to eat 2 of the 5 (Oh Jesus, 5 BISCUITS with gravy...these people don't mess around) and about half of my hashbrowns.
The sad part is that I have been working out as often as possible since I got home from Italy, which equals about 4-5 times a week and yesterday was the first day I actually could notice my pants fitting a little better. So, the only thing I can do is pick myself up, dust myself off, and get back on the fat free, low cal, whole grain diet that I have been on. The first step is recognizing you have a problem....
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh goodness, biscuits with gravy. Yum. Yum. Yum. I can understand why you caved! I'll bet it was worth it...
xoxoxoxo
Booo to fat free, low cal, whole grain!
Yay for ketchup!
Post a Comment