Sunday, May 20, 2007

Ahhh... The Great Outdoors


I forgot how beautiful Colorado is. First of all, because of the wet winter that we've had, the foothills are more green right now then I ever remember them being. Of course, the mountains are breathtaking as well. I definately don't go up there as much as I should and it is so close that I have no good excuse. My goal is to go a lot more this summer.
We had an awesome weekend. Caught lots of fish and had a great time. I caught 3 big ones on Saturday- one of which is in the picture- Luckily, Kelly cleaned them and Cara cooked them. Still, I was disgusted at having what once was in the lake, then on my hook, finally ending up on my plate. I think I just can't see them alive and and then as dinner. It grosses me out, I am hopeless. But damn good at catching them I must say.
Over all we had a blast and much needed break in the wilderness. I got really sunburned today so I will be paying for that for a while, but otherwise, it was a great trip- and a fun picture!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG..........I have not seen Caras face in about 6 years! I have goose bumps, makes me sad.

Anonymous said...

Oh P.S. that was me who left that comment.

Kate said...

Why don't you come out and visit and see her face in person! We miss you!

James said...

Eeeeew, fish. I always liked using the auger to drill holes in the lake ice in the winter though...