"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education"
-Mark Twain
Friday, January 5, 2007
The question: Will I actually get it all done by tomorrow night?
Ok. So I have been preparing to leave for months. However....I haven't done much at my house. Will I actually be able to clean, wash, dry, unplug, and pack all of my stuff by tomorrow night? I guess we shall see....
All I have to say is this: pack first. On more than one occasion I have sadly omitted the other steps, and guess what? It turns out it doesn't matter.
I have even gone so far as to pack a bag full of dirty laundry to be washed on arrival. Of course, I also used to like to get to the jetway 42 seconds before my flight was departing, which worked flawlessly until the first time I missed a flight and ended up on stand-by for 10 hours. Perhaps you shouldn't listen to me at all.
Here's the really lucky thing...Florence has lots and lots of STORES. So, even if you don't wash, dry, or pack, you'll still be okay. And you'll be there! In Italy!!!!! Woo hoo! And leave a key with your mother--ahe can always go to your apartment and unplug anything that needs to be unplugged. Moms are really, really good for that.
3 comments:
All I have to say is this: pack first. On more than one occasion I have sadly omitted the other steps, and guess what? It turns out it doesn't matter.
I have even gone so far as to pack a bag full of dirty laundry to be washed on arrival. Of course, I also used to like to get to the jetway 42 seconds before my flight was departing, which worked flawlessly until the first time I missed a flight and ended up on stand-by for 10 hours. Perhaps you shouldn't listen to me at all.
Kate, don't pack too much, because I'm sure you'll want to buy some italiano clothes when you're there, as well!
P.S. I'll miss you. Did I say that already?
Here's the really lucky thing...Florence has lots and lots of STORES. So, even if you don't wash, dry, or pack, you'll still be okay. And you'll be there! In Italy!!!!! Woo hoo! And leave a key with your mother--ahe can always go to your apartment and unplug anything that needs to be unplugged. Moms are really, really good for that.
You can totally do this. Safe travels!!!!!!!
Post a Comment