For a cheese loving, bread scarfing, chocolate addict, Italy is a really difficult place to live. I love pizza. I love all pizza. Even crappy American pizza that you can get in the freezer section of the grocery store. You could probably put cheese on some cardboard and I would like it. So to be surrounded by pizza EVERYWHERE is really hard. I need a ten step program, a support group, and a sponsor. I have high cholesterol. I can't eat pizza. Besides the fact that I want my pants to still fit when I come home. I have visions of stepping off the plane and being like, "hi, sorry you don't recognize me, I've gained 50 lbs. Don't worry about hugging me, your arms won't ever fit around. It's not worth trying."
And the pizza is just the beginning of my problems. They have more gelato stands here than Italians. Everywhere you look there are big bins with mountains of creamy, cold, delicious flavors of gelato. Lets not even go into the fact that I am a chocoholic. It's so annoying too, because at all hours of the day, even in the morning, you can find twig-skinny Italian women walking around eating gelato. I don't know how they do it. I don't think my crappy American genes can take the food here. I am going to have to seriously work on my self control. Wish me luck.
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just got my cholesterol checked last week - 156. That's right, bring on the pizza! I called dad to gloat.
I've never liked you.
Post a Comment