Monday, December 25, 2006

On The Upslope

Not to say that it isn't soon to return, but my panic seems to have temporarily subsided. Right now, I'm just really excited to get going. I'm really looking forward to the perks of being in another country- No car, no driving, no constant stops at the gas station to pay way too much money for a foul smelling liquid that runs our lives. I'll have a 3 month vacation from the habitual weirdos of downtown Denver, like the shouter who walks down my street every day at 11:30 AM yelling at the top of his lungs about Jesus- It is entertaining, especially when he's on his bike or playing the acoustic guitar, but too much of a good thing can be bad.
I've been e-mailing with my soon-to-be roommates and they all sound like very nice, articulate people; Which has put a lot of my living situation fears to rest for the time being.
So, right now I'm just really excited. I'm sure I'll have a systems failure sometime in the near future that may or may not involve me breathing into a paper bag and clawing at the uniform of a poor unsuspecting flight attendant, but I choose to do the "wait and see" thing. Why speculate? I like my panic attacks and quarter life crises to be out of the blue...why ruin the surprise?

No comments: