Sunday, January 21, 2007

Pisa


Saturday a couple of my roommates and I took the short train ride (about an hour) to Pisa. I actually wasn't expecting much because I had heard that the tower is smaller than you'd think and the town isn't that exciting. But for some reason when we got there I was just enamored with the tower. It is so interesting to look at (it would be even if it wasn't leaning). There wasn't much to do in the town, so we got some gelato and sat in the grass by the tower for a while. It was very pleasant.
On an entirely different note, I have decided that there is some kind of secret agent insect (which I am hoping is a mosquito) that is stalking me in the night. It's war between this bug and I. Every night when I am getting in bed I check all around for the bug. Every once in a while I find a mosquito and kill it, thinking that I have just solved the problem. Then I wake up with some kind of bite on my face. I'm starting to look like a 16 year old with horrible acne because of this stupid bug. Those of you who know me well know that I am kind of narotic about things like this, and so I am trying my best to think this is a mosquito and not imagine that it is some kind of scary, disease carrying, boogie monster bug with 100 legs that crawls all over my face at night.
Anyway, sorry, just needed to vent about the secret agent bug for a minute and now I am ok...until tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Kate, I liked your blog. Now I know that the Leaning Tower of Pisa is leaning. Did you ever take a picture of you and the tower or one or both of your roommates?
Write back!
Your cousin,
Miriam

Kate said...

Dear Miri,

I did take pictures with the tower, and I will put them on the blog in the next couple of days so you can see them! I think I heard through the grapevine that you have your own e-mail address. If that's the case, send it to me so we can write each other!
-Kate