So, I would like to start this post by saying that I am writing this in a little computer spot next to my Florentine apartment. It's called "Webpuccino." It is a small midieval looking white room that has paintings of naked disproportionate men all over the walls. Kinda odd. Not sure if I'm missing some kind of joke or if I should be worried...
Anyway, I am here. My apartment is amazing. I can see the Duomo from my bedroom window (I'm on the 4th floor). Which is another interesting thing...the Italians consider the first floor to be the ground floor so when they say it's a 3rd floor walk-up they really mean 4th. I though I was going to have a coronary dragging my gargantuan bags up the never ending stairs.
My roommates are really nice. The program left us a bag of things for the apartment to get started. We are having a little problem with the language barrier... my roommate Danielle accidently brushed her teeth with what we soon found out was dish soap (she was fooled by the mint leaf on the front and what seemed to say "baking soda"). She was blowing bubbles when she spoke for about twenty minutes. Really entertaining.
It's fashion week here in Florence so there are crazy parties and promo things everywhere.
I get my school schedule tomorrow so i'll really be starting everything on Monday. I'm still pretty jet lagged and tired, but it's really nice here and so far everything is working out really well!
I hope everything is well for all of you.
Kate
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Woo hoo! So glad you made it. It sounds like things are looking good!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment