Tuesday, October 14, 2008

House Fly

It has been cold in Denver lately- the other morning it dropped below freezing. For the last week or so, I have had an unwanted house guest in the form of a little black fly. I assumed at first that the fly was in my house due to the temperature drop and figured that since the life span of a fly is something like 48 hours, that it wouldn't be an issue. That was not the case. This fly has been alive and kicking all week. It also has a bizarre habit that is making me crazy.
I will not see this fly all day or night. However, as soon as it hits around 9 AM, the fly buzzes around my face and head. It lands on me and in my sleep I feel certain it is trying to crawl into my ear. For the last week, every morning consists of me smacking myself in the head repeatedly trying to kill the fly- and who wants to smash a fly on their own head? I swat the fly away and 10 minutes later it is back. It's so annoying that the Chihuahua even makes a couple attempts to grab it mid-air.
This morning I looked it up, and apparently the common house fly has a life expectancy of 20-30 days...Who knew?
So I am bound and determined to get that thing. I am going to find the thickest magazine I have and go hunting for it because I am sick of hitting myself in the head every morning- It will not ruin my mornings for 3 more weeks...

No comments: