Health insurance INFURIATES me. I can safely say that I hate health insurance providers so much that it actually triggers this rage that starts at the pit of my stomach and carries all the way up my throat and to my mouth- so I have to hang up the phone on the poor customer service woman for Aetna before my rage jumps through the phone and strangles her (since it isn't her fault at all).
I am not insured through my work because I am not a "salaried" employee- which is fine- so I have my own insurance that I pay for. I pay Aetna a ridiculous amount of money every month, yet every time I go to the doctor, I get a bill because there is some part that my insurance won't pay. You have no idea how much it pisses me off- considering that getting the insurance in the first place was a hassle because I have high cholesterol. Then you wonder if G-d forbid anything big happens if they'll actually cover you, or if they'll dig through your application and find that since you had a pre-condition of a hang nail in 3rd grade, you're not eligible for benefits anymore. How is it possible that they won't pay for ANY lab work until you reach a $1,000 deductible? How fricken likely is it that I would meet a $1000 deductible in lab work in a year? not very. I mean how much does a throat culture cost? Plus, after that they only cover 80%. I hate, hate, hate them. I feel like the insurance companies are robbing and ripping off the American people every day of the year and no one does anything. I seriously think that socialized medicine must be better than this- whether or not it raises taxes or you can't get what you want as quickly- because this is B.S. and I think that all of these insurance companies should be put out of business and not allowed to rip off the American people anymore. It is such a disgusting conspiracy.
This soap box message was brought to you by Aetna crap crap crappy.
I feel better now. I had to write it out or else I was seriously going to scream at that poor woman on the phone. I bet she gets screamed at a lot.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can totally relate. When I paid for my health insurance on my own many years ago, I had a $1,000 deductible that ran from January through December. In mid-December, I passed out in a grocery store and had to go to the hospital. My bill? $900 and change. And the slate was going to be erased in January and I'd have to start all over with the stupid deductible. It made me contemplate taking a few insurance company employees hostage!
Post a Comment