Sunday, October 5, 2008

Glow in the dark mini golf


When people ask what I do for work these days, I say,"I get my a** kicked and watch Shrek". That is simply the best description of it. Either I am solving some acute crisis or I am doing fun stuff like watching movies and playing. Unfortunately, it is never predictable, so some days it's all crisis and no play, and others it is mostly play. We took the kids from work to play glow in the dark miniature golf the other night and it was AWESOME. The kids didn't seem nearly as enchanted by the whole thing as I was. The whole room was lit by a black light, and the course was painted completely with paint that glows in black light. It was like stepping into into some psychedelic world. At first I thought it was just going to give me a major headache, but it turned out that something about the light and the paint sent me into a very relaxed state. While I was in there, I kept thinking about what it would be like to turn your house into something like this. I think it would make you really kooky after a while, but it was just so quiet and relaxing! Bizarre, I know, but I thought it would be kind of cool. Like living in Alice's Wonderland at night....

No comments: