Friday, October 31, 2008

Doctors Versus lawyers

So for the last few days I have been wondering- Who is intellectually superior? A doctor or a lawyer? I mean, they both go through incredibly rigorous schooling to get where they are. They both have to deal with high pressure situations. But what I am really getting at is, if you put a doctor and a lawyer in a cage fight, who would win? I don't mean like a pediatrician or a tax attorney. I am talking about a hardcore surgeon versus a bad ass trial attorney. Supposing that artery cutting was against the rules, (because that would give the surgeon a clear advantage if it were not), who would be smarter and meaner? I have to say that the conclusion that I have finally come to is this- and you can think I am biased if you wish- but I think that even though attorneys act like they are G-d, I think that when a surgeon is in the operating room saving a person's life, they really have to think they're G-d, and therefore the surgeon would always emerge victorious. So there is my choice. In a cage fight between a trial attorney or an emergency room trauma surgeon, the trauma surgeon would be the victor. Plus, they know like a thousand ways to kill a person, and an attorney is just really good at forming an argument. No one cares about argument fallacies in a cage fight. Duh.

No comments: