I started my new job today- It certainly wasn't my first job, and I am almost positive that it won't be my last...But there was something very different about today. I got home and was walking Isabelle during the dusky blue hour, and I realized that starting from this morning when my alarm clock went off, things will never be the same again. I went to my salaried job and came home to my mortgaged house--and this definitely has "the beginning" written all over it. Sure, I may go back to school, and things are going to ebb and flow like life always does, but the starting point is different than it has ever been before. My base has transformed. I stood with Isabelle looking at my building, my feet hurting from my high heels, and I realized that this is that "When I grow up" time that we've always talked about. Don't get me wrong-- I have no delusions that I am grown up. I know that I am going to try to figure out what to do "when I grow up" probably for the rest of my life. But this is certainly the closest I have ever been. It's like a time warp. My barn girl friends and I used to sit around on the ground eating old carrots from our tack trunks, covered in dirt and sweat, and now we sit around a table with cocktails in our business attire recounting our days at the office. It's just such an out of body experience. The best part is that there are so many mixed feelings about it I am like the horse of a different color, changing all the time. One minute, I am so excited to finally have gotten here. And the prospect that this is just the beginning is so exciting. On the other hand, I am like, Holy Crap my student life of mid day movies and staying out late on weekdays is definitely over... at least for now.
Anyway, excited for the future, sad to let go of the past, and wondering what's in store tomorrow.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations on starting your new job! Life isn't over...you have just started a new chapter. Very cool.
Post a Comment