Have you guys watched this show? Since I don't have cable anymore (my free cable lasted approximately 4 hours....I think all the bragging bit me in the a**), I have been watching shows on ABC on my computer. I have watched 2 episodes of Oprah's new show, and every time I cry like a baby. It's bad enough when you're in a movie theater, but to be sitting at my desk, in front of my computer, I feel especially weird spontaneously bursting into tears. It's just that this show is in the spirit of helping people (I don't care if ABC and Oprah are raking in dough, the show helps people which is more than I can say for 99% of television). The contestants get money and have to think of the best way to help strangers. I think that if anything, it is a great reminder for people of how easy it is to help someone else. It also really drives home the fact that everyone has a story.
At any rate, when the contestants give the people in need their gifts, you can actually see the weight lift from their shoulders- and I burst into tears every time. I think part of it is that they have good music on the show, and anytime you put good music to a montage of teary mothers with their babies, you're gonna cry. I do come from a long line of weepers, but seriously, you guys should watch this show. It leaves you in a much better mood than the news. AND, I just love Oprah. You people can mock and judge me all you want- I just think that not only did she come from a terrible background and overcome, but she is a smart, powerful, and GENEROUS person. And boo yeah for being like the richest woman in the world. Oprah for president.
Friday, March 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment