
Once again this weekend has been very good and very bad. It started off well enough- I went to Rome, but I decided not to spend the night because I thought I could go to Sienna on Saturday, since I'll be in Rome next weekend anyway. The day in Rome was great. The picture you see is of my knees as I was lying on a grassy knoll by the colluseum...took a little snooze in the sun with the colluseum as my view. Can't get much better than that. I went home on Friday night and that's when things took a turn. Not sure what happened, if I got the flu or if something I ate didn't go over well, but I was sick all night on Friday. That kind of agonizing sick where your stomach feels like it's being shredded. I've actually decided that it must have been the flu because I got a fever yesterday. So, no Sienna. Instead, I have spent the last 36 hours lying on my back in my incredibly uncomfortable twin size bed (because if I lay on my side I feel sicker for some reason). My back is killing me, my knee still hurts from last week's battle that I lost with the stairs, and frankly, the idea of the upcoming week of travelling sounds overwhelming and exhausting. I have watched all of my Friends and I Love Lucy dvd's, so I better not get sicker, or it will be all re-runs for me. I'm actually feeling better- better enough to come down to the web place and jump online for a bit, but I think a nap is in my immediate future. Luckily, I have really sweet roommates who have been getting me juice and tea all weekend. It's hard to be sick and be away from home. But, it looks like i'm in the homestretch and it's almost over. Hopefully i'll have more positive news to blog about this week...
1 comment:
Awww! Feel better!
Post a Comment