So, on Friday, as I posted before, my roommates and I layed around the Boboli gardens and read...not bad. Then, Saturday, I went on a solo mission to Siena (yes, I finally made it). It was a little bit of a fiasco, but I survived. I got on a bus in Siena to go back to the train station and after about 15 minutes of riding along I found myself to be the only person left on the bus- which seemed odd. So, I went up to the bus driver at one of the stops and I said, (In Italian mind you, go me...) "Questo autobus vai al ferovia?" (Does this bus go to the train station?) and the bus driver made a face of utter disgust and said, "No." Then he said, (in Italian mind you, which I understood, go me...) "Get off here and wait 4 minutes for bus number 77." So, I got off the bus and as it pulled away I found myself alone on the side of some suburban Siena street with no sounds but that of the birds chirping and old Italian ladies hanging their laundry. I thought to myself, this could be trouble. No idea where I am. Couldn't call a cab even if I wanted to, and the people who live around here definately are not going to speak a lick of English. So I prayed that bus number 77 would show up in 4 minutes. Thankfully, it did and I made it to the train station.
Besides that, Siena was a beautiful little city with tall buildings and narrow, car-less streets. The Campo (where the horse race takes place) was bustling with activity and I bought a big bunch of juicy grapes and sat there for a while just watching everybody and munching on my grapes. It was great.
Then, yesterday (Sunday) my roommates and I went to Monterosso (which is one of the towns in Cinque Terre). It was probably the best Sunday of my life, and that is saying a lot because I really love my Sundays. We laid on the beach all afternoon next to the clear blue water. What could be better than taking a nap on the beach in the Italian Riviera? It was heaven. Plus, it was really entertaining to watch all of the Italians in their beachwear...
I attached some pictures- first of Siena, Monterosso, and my roomies and I.


Wasn't really prepared...excuse my beachwear...
No comments:
Post a Comment