You know how in movies when there's a ship at sea and a storm is coming, it is all quiet and creepy right before the rogue wave hits and the boat tips over..yadda yadda, Gene Hackman is there and eventually some people survive?
That is what this last week and a half is feeling like. I am really excited about going home. I miss my family and friends, my little Isabelle, air conditioning, fat free dairy products, high speed internet that is actually high speed, watching Grey's Anatomy in real time, and MY BED, (just to name a few). But, on the other hand, I am desperately sad to be leaving- nervous about how I am going to feel about home when I get there, and dreading this world I live in here vanishing into thin air. I know I will remember it, but it is just a weird feeling that this little life I am living here will disappear the moment I step on the plane.
And so these two conflicting emotions seem to be cancelling each other out for the time being, and all is calm. There's this weird feeling of just waiting, slowly for the days to pass- not wanting to urge them on or slow them down...just floating. The other roommates seem to feel the same way because we aren't really talking about leaving and for the most part I think they are ignoring that it is happening also. Well, except Michelle. I found Michelle sitting on the balcony a couple days ago with a bottle of red wine in one hand and a chocolate bar in the other...at like 11 AM. It actually looked so nice that I decided to bask in the sun reading all afternoon as well, drowning my sorrows in chocolate (my favorite way to drown my sorrows). I missed ancient Roman history, but I figured Rome has been there a long time- I only have 2 weeks.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know you're weirded out, but I can't wait to have you back in town!
Aw...Thanks Burns : )
Post a Comment