Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Miniature Mecca


My Mom and I were in Bed Bath and Beyond the other day and as we were walking in, my Mom gasped, grabbed my arm and said, "LOOK!"
I turned around, and low and behold there was a giant wall of baskets holding miniature things! This was like the most exciting thing to happen to us all day. We both stood there, in awe, staring at the baskets. Finally, my Mom spoke...She said, "This is going to take a while...I have to look at everything". There were the typical travel size things like soap, shampoo, etc. But there were also miniature shaving creams, miniature roles of toilet paper, and miniature packs of laundry detergent!
I know it seems silly, but I have always had a secret obsession with all things miniature. I've always said it was because I like things that make you feel like you're really big or small. Like, when I am holding a miniature bar of Dove soap, I am kind of Gulliver right? and if I am sitting in a giant chair and my legs can't touch the ground, it's kind of a regression to childhood and you feel like a light, little thing again.

Plus, they really come in handy. So, if you are in need of miniature, travel sized things, I definitely recommend you go to BB and B and behold the breathtaking wall of all things miniature.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh my goodness. I must go, I must go, I MUST GO!!!!!!!!!