As you can see, my dog is adorable. There's no denying that. She's kind of funny looking, sometimes she has a look on her face like a really old, crabby lady- but then she makes little faces like this and you forget that she threw-up in the threshold of the door last night as you were leaving for a walk- where you couldn't let the door close and had nothing to prop it open. She helps me with my problem solving skills...
Anyway, as you all know, I moved about 6 months ago. As I was walking Isabelle in those first few weeks, I ran into a very strange lady. Apparently, she is my neighbor in the building across the street- but I know her as the weirdo who is driving by in her car and slams on the brakes to come accost my dog. She stopped her car and ran out, simultaneously asking if she could pet my dog. I'm like, OK, because it rocks Isabelle's world when some random lady on the street wants to pet her. As this woman is swooning over my dog, she begins to tell me that she works from home and that she would love to watch Isabelle any time that I need her to because she just loves her that much. Then it got weird. She was like, "If I weren't going somewhere, I'd take her right now"...Mind you, I hadn't said anything about needing her services, and I was thinking to myself, "Well, I'm with her right now... so I think we're ok...." So the lady finally unhanded my dog and insisted I take her business card in case the situation were to arise that I would want to call her.
Fast forward like 6 months....
Yesterday I am walking Isabelle (kind of in a hurry, mind you, because I was late for work), and here she comes again. Again she is in her car, slowly driving down the street with her window down. She spots us, yells out her window, "THAT'S THE DOG!" and comes running out of her car again. She was like, "I have missed this dog so much!!! what's the dog's name?!" and as she's petting Isabelle she was like, "I gave you my card. You still have it right? Oh I just love this dog, and I've only seen her twice" (I'm thinking, when was the second time? were you hiding in the bushes or something? weirdo. Then she said something like,"I live right up there (pointing to the penthouse across the street) and I'd just love to watch her. You own the dog, right?" That's when I really started to get the heebi Jeebies. I told her yes, and quickly dragged Isabelle away so this attachment disorder lady would get back in her car and leave us alone.
It was weird. That lady freaks me out. Isabelle doesn't seem at all freaked out. In fact, she would probably happily go live with crazy lady. I just thought it was funny that Isabelle has a #1 fan.....
As a side note... I was on my way to a friend's house the other day and I got lost (as usual). I was at a light and I looked over to see this dog grooming store... I thought it was pretty funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment