Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wow.



As I was sitting at the final event of the DNC today, I was thinking about the cool things that I have seen. I have heard the inspiring story telling of Maya Angelou in person. I was in the presence of the Dalai Lama as he spoke about kindness. I listened to the Pope pray under the roof of St. Peter's Basilica. And now, I was witness to what feels like a historic event- the beginning of the possibility of not only the first African American president, but I believe a president that would go into the history books not only for his crossing racial boundaries, but his presence as a great leader. Even though I wasn't very close to the stage, Obama's speech tonight reverberated around the packed stadium and never stopped. The energy flowed in that place like something magical. It was like his determination and ideas mixed with the crowd's hopes and dreams, and together they grew into a mystical creature that could save the world. There are so many down and out people out there, and it is like Obama comes riding in on a unicorn, under a rainbow, with a bluebird on his shoulder, you know? Anyway, I felt like it was a historic night. I wish we could just fast forward to November and get it over with...

No comments: