Thursday, August 21, 2008

Nightmares

The most bizarre thing happened to me last night. I had like a full blown, little kid-style nightmare. I jumped awake at around 3am, and I was so traumatized by my dream that I couldn't go back to sleep. Not that I was too awake to go back to sleep- I was to scared to go back to sleep. It was one of those times where you wake up and go, oh thank goodness it wasn't real. But I was still rattled. The whole time I am sitting there going, "seriously? you're 25. It was a dream. Get over it and go back to sleep." But I couldn't. I am telling you that I was so shaken up by this dream that I had to go and get an "I Love Lucy" tape to put in. I Love Lucy has always been comfort TV for me. I mean, who can really stay at a heightened state of tension with Lucy running around doing something stupid? or Fred Mertz making fun of Ethel? Needless to stay, less than one episode went by until I fell back to sleep. However, I still feel on edge this morning. I feel traumatized. It is so bizarre. I need another night's sleep to recover from the trauma of last night's sleep.

No comments: