So yesterday was the first official day of the Denver Democratic National Convention. As of yesterday afternoon there had been some protests, but nothing out of control or anything. I was at my apartment getting ready to go to work so I took Isabelle out for a walk. As we were walking, about ten Aurora riot police come sauntering across the grass by my building- now, I want you to get the full picture...They are wearing all black of course- flack jackets, all of their gear minus the shield, and yielding machine guns. They probably aren't called machine guns, but they have the same rounded ammunition thing and they look just like machine guns. So they're kind of lazily walking and talking, just swinging their machine guns around and pointing to things with them--like they're just an extention of their hand. Isabelle and I converge with them and she of course is not intimidated by the automatic weapons and is thrilled to see them. So I asked them if things were ok and they were like, "yeah, just loft shopping." They obviously didn't have anything to do without any riots going on so they were just kind of canvassing the area. I said, "So is everything going smoothly downtown?" and they were like, "We're over here wandering around, aren't we?" Then the guy was like, "In fact, you're the most suspicious person we've seen all day. And your dog. I think your dog is smuggling propaganda." It was so funny. So I told the guys that they should check out the warehouse by my building because it's creepy and there's a creepy old man who walks in and out and that I think he hides bodies in there. They seemed intrigued and headed over there to take a peak. A warehouse full of dead bodies and a creepy old man would have definitely livened up their day.
Today I am going into the city to take pictures and observe the circus. I'll post them ASAP and let you all know what's doin' around here.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment