
Living in the city, I have seen a lot of weird things and dealt with a lot of interesting people...
But WHY must people Jaywalk with their small children in the middle of moving traffic?
People are always crossing the street at the wrong place in the city, and I get that. I can even try to understand their total contempt for traffic laws. I can maybe even excuse the people who walk in front of your car and intentionally go slowly just to irritate you and make you come to a complete stop to wait for them (although, these people really make me mad most of the time). But what really upsets me is when I see an adult darting across the street hand in hand with a small child. First of all- what a great thing to teach a little child... Don't look both ways, just walk into the road like you own it and hope you don't get hit. Secondly, the child has no real sense of self preservation people! they are trusting you to lead them to safety! not into ongoing traffic. I seriously want to stop them and explain that I have no children, in fact, I can barely keep my tomato plants alive, but even I know better than that!
The only one that trumps that is when someone goes running across the street at the wrong time in front of traffic pushing a stroller. I mean, if something were to happen, that adult would not only be able to dodge and get out of the way, but the stroller in front of them would be the first thing to be hit. Talk about not thinking. Ugh. It just really makes me mad. I just want to grab those little children and take them to the crosswalk and explain that you wait until the little lit man who looks like he's walking appears in the lights and then you can go-- after looking both ways. Twice. Jeez.
1 comment:
I happen to agree with you. In fact, whenever I'm tempted to race across the street while holding Megan, I think of how I would be horrified if I saw myself doing it!I see it a lot in shopping centers and it just seems like these parents are teaching their kids how to run in front of cars. Nice.
Post a Comment