I just love pancakes. I don't know if it is because they are merely a vessel for the maple syrup (which is just so delicious) or if I like the pancakes themselves. But I periodically wake up and feel the need for some pancakes. I made these pancakes the other day and there were no mishaps. You know how when you make them you usually end up with this scenario-
Pancake mix all over the counter and dirty measuring cups and bowls everywhere. Then, when you go to cook the first pancake it is hideous and you have to cook more pancakes to hide the ugly mishap underneath. The griddle gets to hot, then too cold, and you are standing there over the stove with the spatula trying to decide if your pancake is burning at that very moment or if it is barely cooked. Do I flip? Do I not flip? It's all such a delicate process.
Well this time around, I made three pancakes. No do overs. And all 3 pancakes were strikingly attractive. So, I took a picture to share my pancake victory with all of you.
3 comments:
Jacques Pepin always says when it comes to pancakes or crepes, the pan has to get in the mood. And the first one is always for the dog. Congratulations on your picture perfect stack!
I'll make you a deal, Kate. You come to L.A. and make me pancakes, and I'll make you some pink tuna. Deal?
DONE!
Post a Comment