Friday, October 26, 2007

Isabelle's Birthday


Today is Isabelle's (A.K.A. Catfish, Shortstack, Grandma, Chick Pea, and The Little Sausage) birthday. She is 5 years old today. Because of the fact that she is so enthusiastic about everything, I can't really tell if she is especially excited about this special day or not. I got her a little dog bed for her birthday. Being the bad Mom that I am, she has never had a real bed. I always just gave her old pillows and stuff since she's so small. But, I thought since she's almost an old bag that I may as well get her a real bed. I had the bed in my car and as we were getting out at my house last night I thought to myself, oh, I need to bring up the bed. For a second I had that "but what if Isabelle sees it" thought and then I was like, get a grip. She has not only the brain the size of an almond but the memory capacity of a goldfish, so I got the bed and headed for the elevator. However, to my dismay, while standing and waiting for the elevator, I looked down and Isabelle was staring straight at the bed and wagging her tail. So I started hiding it behind my back and trying to distract her by saying things like, "Look! there's a giant zip lock bag of chewable vitamin C you could eat!", but she didn't look away. I figured once I got upstairs I would put it on the counter where she can't see and she would forget about it, which she did. This morning she seemed very excited about her new bed except now she is sleeping on her ratty old pillow right next to the bed. Very disappointing. But what can you do? She's an old woman now...set in her ways.

No comments: