Have you ever stopped to think about how many things you are storing inside your 8lb head all at once? There is so much stuff...I need to go to the store, don't forget the milk. I have this, this, this, and this due by Friday. Dinner with Mom on Sunday. Take the dog for a walk. Do the laundry- oh yeah, don't forget detergent at the store. Pay utility bill. I wonder how so and so is doing? I should call her. Why isn't my internet working? maybe I should call the tech support people. What should I wear today?
And that's all the superficial life stuff. That doesn't even count the small traumas that pop up here and there- or the ones that linger around for a while until you feel like you're suffocating in your own skin. Don't worry, i'm not losing it. But, I kind of was this weekend. There is so much piling up. I took off and went with friends up to the mountains. My best friends. And they did a great job. They taught me how to play beer pong and I partied like I was 18 and really immature, but it was fun. However, my brain was still running, running, running. I am the kind of person who can sleep anywhere, anytime. But when I am worried I can't sleep. So by the time I got home yesterday, I was still working on getting rid of a hangover, and I had gotten 6 hours of sleep in 36 hours. And I was still worried. Now, worrying runs in my family like anything else you can get from your parents. We are experts at it. There are generations and generations of worriers that have passed down the perfected technique. Needless to say, I was kind of a mess yesterday. As I was driving down the mountain all I wanted to do was turn around and go right back up, hide a little bit more.
BUT that is not the point to this rambling blog. The point is that I finally fell asleep last night and got a good 7 hours. When I woke up this morning, the weather was cold and grey- just like I like it. I put on make-up for the first time in 4 days. I realized that it is really amazing how much a good nights sleep and some make-up can change your whole perspective on things. I feel rejuvenated and I am going to stop worrying like a crazy person, quiet my head, and do one thing at a time.
It just seems so funny to me that with all of that stupid stuff running through our heads all the time, it would only be right if something equally stupid made it all seem ok- like putting on make-up. I sometimes wonder if life is one big cosmic joke.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment