Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My Last First Day

School started up again yesterday. I was walking to class (in what seemed like more of a zoo than ever) when it occurred to me that it might be my last first day of school. Now, the chance of me going back to school is pretty good, AND I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. I won't feel done until the last day. But just the idea is such a relief and so exciting. So I met with my advisor today to make sure everything was in order. Sure enough, I am set to graduate and I just did my online "intent to graduate form". I'm just so excited to be done. If I really think about it, it has just been years of jumping through hoops like a circus monkey- I have felt like that the whole time, and I honestly feel more like I beat the circus or found the cheese in a maze than having gotten a higher education. Not to say I haven't learned a lot, because I have. But I feel like it's been more about the hoops. And now I am going to WIN. I am about to beat the circus. So I rule. I think when I get my cap and gown I will wear it for like a week straight.

No comments: