I have two more weeks and then I am off to California. I cannot wait. This semester of school has been so frustrating, tedious, and sleep inducing I just want it to be over so badly. Plus, I get to see so many of my family and friends! I didn't realize just how many people I love are in California. So, everyone get ready, I'm coming your way...counting the days!
I would also like to take a moment and talk about air conditioning. I didn't grow up with air conditioning and ever since I have lived on my own in apartments I just don't think I could live without it. My air conditioning broke this weekend- a weekend with highs in the triple digits- and I actually had to leave my house. I know a lot of people who don't have air conditioning and while they don't enjoy it, they get by. But I was thinking about this last night- you know, there is a correlation between the temperature and crime rates. When the temperature goes up, crime follows (there is a joke in sociology that there is a correlation between ice cream sales and murder rates). Just think, if everyone had air conditioning maybe the world would be a better place. Think about the countries that have the most problems with violence and war, and most of them are in damn hot parts of the world. So maybe instead of looking for weapons of mass destruction we should have been installing window air conditioning units..I can see it now...the helicopters hovering overhead and dropping parachuted window units...just a thought...
Monday, July 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't know if you're coming my way--I sure hope you are! There might be a baby here in two weeks...
Let me know your plans when you have them finalized. I'd love love love to see you!!!! (no pressure, though...really.)
Post a Comment