Monday, July 9, 2007

Live TV

I woke up really early this morning to go to the gym. I've been trying to work out at least 3 times a week but have been striving for 5 and I keep getting hung up on my schedule. So I thought about all of those people that wake up at the crack of dawn to work out before going to work. I decided I should try it and see how it works. The jury is still out, but that's not exactly what this blog is about...
So it was about 7:30 AM and I'm running on the treadmill. There were only a few people in the room because most of the business crowd works out around 6:30 AM. I know because half the women in the city were standing in the locker room when I arrived. They were naked and doing their hair, which is another thing I don't get. I mean, go you if you are that comfortable naked in public but seriously...is it really necessary? I mean, maybe just a little underwear...I think some things should be saved for the privacy of your own home...but that's not what this blog is about either. Another day.
SO. I am running and watching the local morning news. The news desk people start a story by saying, "The dog your about to see works harder than most people and does things most dogs can't do." And there is this news guy on location interviewing a local police officer with the Denver Police Department. This particular officer was part of a canine unit and he was going to do a demo with his dog. The first thing that cracked me up was the news guy kept saying that the dog was a "canine dog" like that is the name for a police dog. I'm thinking, dude, that is like one of two species names that people know. Canine and feline. You're calling the dog a dog dog. You sound like an idiot. But it gets better. So the cop says that there is another cop hiding in the police station posing as the bad guy and the police dog is going to find this guy. So the cop lets the German Shepherd go and the news guy and his crew start following the dog as he runs around the building. The dog runs into what looks like a locker room, kind of looks around confused, and then proceeds to take a big poop in the middle of the room. You can actually hear the camera man chuckling because he's the only one in the doorway filming the dog. Then the dog finishes and kind of looks around like, "shit man, I don't know where the dude is". It is a total failure. So the poor embarassed cop comes running in and points to a closed door. The dog gets this look like, "Oh ok. He's in the closet huh? I guess I'll have to figure out how to open the door without thumbs asshole..." and so the dog jumped up and starting biting at the door knob, to no avail. He can't get it. So the cop now looking really disheartened grabs the dog and shouts for the "fugitive" to come out or the dog will attack. I was thinking he should have said, "watch your step, there's shit everywhere" but he didn't.
Meanwhile, I'm running and looking around like, is anyone else seeing this? the kicker was that the this was all live and the news desk people were laughing HYSTERICALLY, you can't see them. Can only hear them. And then it goes to the female news caster and she says, "Well. I think every dog does that trick, Ed."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man...that better be on YouTube!

Jill said...

oh my gosh...that is HYSTERICAL!