Thursday, April 17, 2008

Away

What's the deal with being just a couple hours away from home and feeling like you could be on another planet? I came up to the mountains yesterday, and on my drive up here, I suddenly felt so free. Like I was slowly shedding my stress skin on the drive up here until when I finally reached the cabin I felt totally away from everything. I had this thought of, "no one can bug me up here", and then I thought, who? Who is bugging me? no one. And even if people were bugging me they would be doing it the same way they do it when I am home-- on the phone. It's not like people show up spontaneously at my door....

And anything that might be bothering me right now is certainly still valid 90 mins outside of the city. Just because I am sleeping in a different bed doesn't mean that I am in a different universe. So what is it then that makes this seem so far away? It is an odd sensation, but I am glad that it's here. It's nice to have a little hideaway to run to now and then. And I can fool myself into thinking that I am escaping something if that gives me some sense of freedom... why not?

So, I am in the mountains, and apparently non of my demons can find me up here.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Are you talking about ME?

Kate said...

Of course not... I wish you were here!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.