I had one of the most bizarre dreams that I've had in a long time last night. I thought I would share it with you- even though I hate listening to people's dreams....Maybe one of you will have a good interpretation for me. It doesn't flow together in one story so it's just snippets.
The first part I remember is that we're in a time that is a mixture of modern and Renaissance....we go everywhere on horseback, but there are modern things. It's weird.
So anyway, my brother who is in the dream informs me that my horse, Hugo, has died in the next room. Of course this is very upsetting, and I proceed to cry for the duration of the dream. But, it gets worse. Somehow through the process of elimination, I determine that James and someone else (can't remember who) dismembered my beloved horse to get him out of the house. There is blood everywhere and I am obviously distraught, and no one else thinks this is out of the ordinary.
Next, we are at a castle, where there is a queen that wants us dead (of course). But we're hiding so no one knows we're there. We over hear some men (dressed like knights of course) discussing how they had found something....scroll over, and there are my dead horses' body parts. Legs, neck, head, etc. This of course extends my already distraught weeping (still, no one else seems to mind that Hugo's dismembered legs are lying around).
So I go to the modern bathroom (not sure why the mixed time period, but then again, does any of it make sense?) where I run into two friends that I have not seen since high school. We wait in line for a toilet. I go in and when I turn around, there is a little blonde girl in the stall with me. She starts using the toilet and then starts sticking her hands in there. I start freaking out and leave.
Then, I am trying to leave the castle, and the bad guys have seen me. Right as they are coming to get me this lady rides up with her daughter on a little palomino pony. The lady offers me the pony to escape, I hop on, and begin galloping away. These bad people with swords are right on my tail (that saying really makes sense now...) and this pony will not go any faster. I'm thinking they're going to catch me. And then.... a cell phone rings. Yeah, there is a cell phone case with a phone attached to the saddle. I answer, while galloping mind you, and there is someone on the phone that I have not talked to in quite a while, and we would not be talking. This person wants to know how I am, etc., I am trying to escape the knights on horseback, and it looks bad.
Finally, the knights give up the chase, the person on the phone arrives in reality and is walking along side me on my pony, then a lot of other people show up. I think at this point I am still crying because of Hugo. We get back to our "house" or whatever, and I start trying to find a t-shirt in my things. All of my shirts are folded up in big, clear plastic bags. And they are all covered in mildew, from being sealed in there and wet. I grab one and begin walking somewhere to get away from everyone...
Then I woke up to my alarm. I feel really weird right now...like my brain is totally confused. I feel like I should be devastatingly upset about something and crying, but obviously, everything is fine. I think maybe it will take my mind a little while to recover. I also still have that anxious, "people are chasing me and I can't go any faster" feeling too.
So anyway, sorry to bore you with my story, but what the ____ does all that mean? I feel like there must be little tidbits of reality in there. Sometimes I think that if you really paid attention to your dreams, you may find the answers to your questions. Like that is the cryptic way of your mind figuring things out. I mean, obviously, I can pick out emotions from the dream and equate them to things I feel in reality. But what about the little bizarre things...? what if they are symbols that I could totally figure out and use? Seems like such a waste for a tall tale to not be used for something...Especially one as unpleasant as this one... mildew and all.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment