For some reason, I still feel like it is 1993. I may have been 11, but that year seems like a reasonable number. 2008 is totally unreasonable. It is science fiction, aliens and space ships weird. It is not supposed to be 2008. I feel like we aren't always on the brink of the future, but now actually in the future itself. All those movies with flying cars where you're like, "Wow. That's so weird. Thank goodness we don't live in that crazy time", only now, I think we do. AND I hate the way the years just keep ticking along. Pretty soon it will be 2030 and I will really be freaking out.
In between freaking out about the numbers in the year, I actually had a good New Year's Eve. I went to a bar downtown where we had a reserved table and I spent the moments before the countdown eating pizza, chocolate covered strawberries, and drinking champagne. Seeing that those are some of my favorite things, the night was a success, and we didn't even see vomiting 21 year olds on our walk home. Hurray!
I also took some pictures of the fireworks from my apartment window...and found time to torture Isabelle in the spirit of the new year.
1 comment:
Happy New Year! And that picture of Isabelle is perfect!
Post a Comment