

My favorite day of the year was yesterday. Every year around Christmas, the city of Denver has its Parade of Lights. I know that this makes me kind of a dork, but I look forward to it every year. It is especially cool because it comes down the street a block down from my apartment, so every year my friends come over and we leave at the last possible second (because it's always very cold out) and we go down the block and watch the parade. There are all different types of cultural organizations in the parade, representing Mexico, Asia, and of course...those gentiles and Santa....I didn't see any dreidels this year... their were fire twirlers, the nativity scene, Kermit the Frog, but not a menorah is sight....
But anyway, there are also a lot of high schools with their marching bands and big floats. I love when the big balloons come down the street because you can see their shadows on all the buildings and it is just so creepy and cool. I think my favorite part of the parade is the percussion section of the marching bands. There is something about that many people pounding out the same rhythm that makes it impossible to stand still.
1 comment:
If you have Kermit, who needs a menorah? :-)
Post a Comment