Saturday, December 8, 2007

Great Friends

I love my friends. They are such awesome people...they really are family.
My day started out today by going to a friend's house where she and another friend cooked this incredible brunch. Then, I went home and did some school work (yuck). After that, I went back to this friend's house because everyone was just hanging out there all day. When I pulled up it was snowing- not little flakes but those big, sticky flakes that seem like they are falling in slow motion. The first part of the roof had Christmas lights on it, and there was a speaker sitting outside that was blasting old Christmas tunes. They were in the process of hanging Christmas lights. Granted, it was in the middle of a snowstorm, but to each his own. So, while the carols rang out in the front yard, we took turns holding the lights for Kelly to compulsively straighten. Kelly is really picky about these types of things and I voiced that I thought that climbing on a ladder two stories in the air during a snowstorm was a bad idea, but per usual, she didn't listen to me. Luckily, she didn't fall and everything turned out ok (except that my hair was frozen, my fingers and toes were numb, and I was shivering uncontrollably.) After the light fiasco we baked cookies and played Monopoly. I love good old fashioned wholesome fun like that. It was definitely something I needed. Like food for the soul. I was feeling really overwhelmed, but after getting schooled at Monopoly I realized that things could be much worse. Speaking of which, don't you wish real life could be like Monopoly? like when you have sold everything you own, everything is mortgaged, you have $3 and you owe someone $550 you could just be like, "Ok. Good game. You win. I'm just going to go about my business now." Or, that you get to the roll dice to see how much you owe the electric company...that would be nice.

Here's a picture of Chris and Kelly taking a break from hanging the lights. We were all totally covered in snow like lawn ornaments.

No comments: