Thursday, November 8, 2007

I am about to be 25.

Wow. I can't believe how quickly time has flown by, but I am going to be 25 on Saturday. I feel like I was a little kid just a few days ago. I was feeling apprehensive about turning 25 until I got my last car insurance bill. My insurance dropped $60! I felt like giving my insurance agent a big hug. So far 25 sounds like it's going to work out...just keep the discounts coming...
I also am going to graduate in about 3 1/2 weeks. I am so excited. I know it has taken me a long time to get done, but I was thinking about it the other day, and I have done so much in the time that I have been in school. I have worked great and interesting jobs, travelled to amazing places, experienced a few different college campuses, met incredible people, and managed to learn a lot of useless trivial pursuit-worthy crap. The first 25 years of my life have been anything but ordinary, and I hope that the adventures will continue for many years to come.
And speaking of adventures, my friend Michelle and I are going to be doing a little National Lampoon's roadtrip this weekend. We'll be driving from Connecticut to Denver in hopefully 3 days (have to be back for my cap and gown measurement...). The tricky part is that we'll be driving a REALLY old Honda Civic pulling a U-Haul trailer, with Michelle's giant Rottweiler, "Lucy" in the back seat. So, if you guys don't hear from me, i'll be somewhere along I-80 between CT and CO. I think you'll be able to spot us pretty easily....

2 comments:

Jill said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE! It's hard to believe we were together for your bday last year. Safe travels!!!!!Love, Jill

Unknown said...

Wups! Missed the actual birthday but not too late, I hope, to send good wishes for a happy, healthy year and many more. Love, Nancy